If you missed our BIG announcement, head over HERE first 😉
Like most first time Moms, the moment I found out I was pregnant I started doing some research.. What prenatal vitamin is best? What foods do I need to avoid? What foods are safe to eat while pregnant? What beauty treatments are safe? In the abundance of questions I researched, one healthy trend I noticed over and over again, no matter what topic I was researching – healthier cooking, beauty trends, etc. – was .. Avocado Oil! We all know avocado’s have incredible benefits, so its no surprise to me that the oil derived from these delicious fruits – yes, they are considered a fruit – have just as many endless health benefits! Dare I say, this is the Superfood of the Oil World?
Check out 19 of My Favorite Benefits of Avocado Oil:
- Oil Substitute – Swap Avocado Oil for other oils while cooking and/or baking, in the same amount, for a lighter and healthier option.
- Egg Swap – Swap Avocado Oil for an egg wash & bake when cooking for a healthier alternative to frying in traditional oils.
- Butter Substitute – Drizzle some Avocado Oil over toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon instead of butter. Light & Yummy!
- Bread Dipping Oil – One of my favorite swaps! Use Avocado Oil & a few spices in place of traditional oils for bread dipping.
- Marinade for Grilling – Avocado Oil can withstand the heat of grilling which makes it a perfect marinade! Meats retain the moisture while absorbing the juicy, buttery flavor of Avocado Oil.
- AMAZING Carrier for Essential Oils – Avocado Oil is excellent carrier oil for skins that require particular care or are mature due to its rehydrating and nourishing benefits.
- Treats Chapped Lips
- Softens Cuticles
- Daily Face Wash – The high amount of Vitamin E acts as anti-stress and anti-aging mask.
- Diminishes Blackheads & Minimizes/ Refines Pores
- Fast Relief of Itching & Sting for Sunburns
- Acne Scar Treatment
- Nourishes Skin & Body – Use 1/4 cup Avocado Oil as bath oil to hydrate skin.
- Massage Oil – Use Avocado Oil as a massage oil to hydrate your skin and promote collagen production.
- Helps Heal Wounds – Helps the blood clot via Vitamin K and helps to form & transfer cells via the Potassium.
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Decreases Arthritis Pain – According to the Arthritis Foundation, when Avocado Oil is mixed with Soybean Oil, the healthy combination blocks inflammatory responses and prevents cells from deteriorating in crucial synovial cells, which are located in our joints.
- Reduces Risk of Periodontal Disease – Simply gargle with Avocado Oil as you would mouthwash and the antiseptic properties will keep your mouth germ-free and fresh.
- Dry/Damaged Hair & Dandruff Relief – Use a dime size of Avocado Oil as a hydrating agent on your ends or as leave-in conditioner for overall hair treatment.
I’m sure there are so many more benefits, but I am going to test some of the ones I mentioned above out for myself.
You can find Avocado Oils online or in your local health food store, however I prefer to shop and support hard-working families whenever possible. This is important to me, because I know how much pride and hard work goes into a family owned business! One of my favorite brands of Avocado Oils is Amerilo’s – they are family owned and their Avocado Oil is Unrefined, Raw, Naturally Gluten Free and Paleo Friendly!
I’m sure there are many more benefits, but I’m going to test some of the ones above out for myself. Traditionally, I’ve only used oils for cooking so I am curious as to all the extra benefits! You’ll want to check back because I’ll have a bottle of Amerilo’s Avocado Oil to giveaway to one of my awesome readers in the results post! However, if you just can’t wait to check out all these awesome befits yourself – which trust me, I don’t blame you! – please check out Amerilo’s yourself via Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Pinterest. You can purchase your Avocado Oil directly from their website!
If you decide to check it out for yourself, come back and comment to let us know how it went!